Susan Donaldson Novins
Susan Donaldson Novins is a seasoned litigator who focuses her practice in the areas of litigation, employment law, business law and medical malpractice. Susan represents businesses of all sizes, as well as individuals, throughout New England.
Prior to the formation of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP and its predecessor firm, Susan served as general counsel of The First Years, Inc., and Safety 1st, Inc., two publicly-traded consumer product companies. As general counsel, Susan handled all litigation, regulatory compliance, contract and licensing negotiation and drafting, in addition to advising the board of directors. Susan began her law practice at Boston’s Cornell & Gollub, where she specialized in complex multi-party tort litigation, representing major auto manufacturers and insurers.
During her career, Susan has worked with clients to achieve multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in cases ranging from complex multi-party litigation to corporate disputes and malpractice matters.
Susan had advised corporations and executives with respect to all aspects of employment matters including negotiating offer letters, equity positions, separation agreements and representing clients before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Susan’s breadth of experience and no-nonsense approach to problem solving makes her a go-to resource for clients. Always forward thinking, Susan helps clients successfully resolve disputes within the framework of their future business goals. Susan is a Martindale Hubbell AV-rated attorney, the highest rating awarded attorneys for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Professional Associations, Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Wellesley Chamber of Commerce – now part of Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce
- Lincoln Wharf Condominium Trustee
- Chair of various committees, Wellesley Public Schools
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell AV-rated attorney
News, Events & Publications
- Panelist, Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce Panel on Data Security and Wire Fraud
- Member, 2020 Women on Boards Steering Committee
- Panelist, Boston University Law School, Smaller Firm Practices Panel
- Speaker, Boston Estate Planning Council, Employment Law
- Speaker, Massachusetts Insurance Industry Annual Meeting
- Financial Services Litigation
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
- Routinely admitted Pro Hac Vice in various courts throughout the Country