Michael B. Cosentino
Michael Cosentino’s practice is concentrated in litigation, focusing on civil and business litigation. His experience also includes litigating matters in the areas of financial services litigation, securities law, estate and probate litigation and professional malpractice.
He represents corporations, small businesses, wealth management firms, broker-dealers, Registered Investment Advisors and individuals both nationally and throughout Massachusetts and New England. Michael has extensive experience with securities litigation in the financial services area, which includes representing both securities firms and financial advisors in individual and institutional customer disputes, and enforcement actions before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), American Arbitration Association and other regulatory bodies including the SEC and state securities agencies.
Michael is highly respected for his results-orientation. His clients rely upon his legal acumen and winning determination when facing litigation and issues related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts, unfair and deceptive trade practices, legal and medical malpractice, business agreements, real estate and construction disputes, insurance coverage and securities lawsuits.
Routinely litigating and arbitrating the most difficult financial services litigation cases, Michael is known for working collaboratively with his clients until the job is done. He represents clients on both sides of customer-initiated complaints, and he is equally committed to recovering financial losses suffered by customers and to defending claims against financial advisors. He has obtained numerous orders on behalf of registered representatives, requiring the expungement of information on Form U-5.
Michael often represents executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries and other individuals and entities before the probate courts in connection with trust and estate litigation, will contests, actions for breach of fiduciary duties, accountings and petitions for partition for real property.
Prior to the formation of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, Michael was a senior partner with its predecessor law firm where he served as the chairperson of the litigation department. As a leading litigation lawyer in his field, Michael has been annually recognized as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer for seven years.
Professional Associations, Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association – Co-Chair, Securities Enforcement Committee
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- USA 500 – Founding Member
- City Year Boston – Seven Generations Board Member
- Financial Services Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Private Client Services
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Fiduciary Services
- Family Office Services
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Clark University, B.A.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals First Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court of the Central District of Illinois