Before moving to Massachusetts, Marjory Selig worked at a law firm in White Plains, New York, for 19 years concentrating in estate planning, estate administration, guardianship and elder law. Before that she was a volunteer attorney at St. Louis County Older Residents Legal Aid Program in St. Louis, Missouri, assisting lower income senior citizens with wills and advance directives. Before and after law school she worked as a paralegal or attorney in several personal injury plaintiff and defense law firms, and during law school she worked summers and part-time during the school year at the criminal and civil clinics sponsored by the law school.
Professional Associations, Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Westchester County (NY) Senior Law Day Committee – (5 years) gave lectures to seniors on the importance of powers of attorney and incapacity planning, and assisted them with completing advance directives
- Volunteer, St. Louis County (MO) Older Residents Legal Aid program (3 years)
- Private Client Services:
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Fiduciary Services
- Special Needs Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Brown University B.A.
- New York