John Donahue specializes in working with individuals and families to address their dynamic estate planning, business succession planning, elder law, estate and trust administration and tax needs.
Believing in a client-centric approach, John works with families to develop unique estate plans by incorporating client goals of minimizing estate taxes, avoiding probate, efficiently transferring assets to beneficiaries, special needs planning and protection of assets from the cost of long-term care.
John regularly works with special needs clients and families to preserve current benefits and to plan for the long-term maintenance of support networks as caregivers and guardians age or become unable to continue to provide the same level of involvement.
John has lectured at educational seminars for other attorneys, C.P.A.s, and financial advisors on topics for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (M.C.L.E.) and the Foundation for Continuing Education concerning income tax planning, effective planning strategies for aging clients concerned about long-term care, and MassHealth applications.
Prior to joining Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, John worked as an associate in the estate planning, estate administration and tax departments of two other law firms.
Professional Associations, Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Private Client Services:
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Tax Planning
- Family Office Services
- Fiduciary Services
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Charitable Planned Giving
- Asset Protection Planning
- Elder Care & Long-Term Care Planning
- Business Law
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M. Master of Laws in Taxation
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A.