Imelda Monaghan concentrates her practice in the areas of trust and estate planning, including estate administration, trust administration and taxation. Imelda works closely with clients to implement a comprehensive estate plan that meets the family’s goals. She is knowledgeable about all aspects of estate tax, gift tax and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
She advises fiduciaries about probate, estate taxes, trust funding and administration. Imelda also works with business owners in forming entities and business succession planning.
Imelda Monaghan teaches the Estate Planning class at Boston University Law School Graduate Tax Program.
An active member of the Boston Estate Planning Council, she has served on the Governance Committee, the Roundtable Committee and the Membership Committee.
Professional Associations, Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Private Client Services:
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Tax Planning
- Fiduciary Services
- Family Office Services
- Special Needs Planning
- Charitable Planned Giving
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Elder Law & Long-Term Care Planning
- Business Law
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A.