Residential Real Estate
Our residential real estate attorneys are committed to helping homeowners navigate the complexities of residential real estate transactions.
We work closely with residential real estate brokers to help homeowners throughout Massachusetts buy or sell residences including vacation properties, multi-family and investment properties throughout Massachusetts, including Cape Cod and the Islands.
At Wilchins Cosentino & Novins, we are committed to high caliber legal services, exceptional client service and exceptional value. We operate as a team, including two experienced paralegals and a practice lead fluent in Spanish. We bring an expansive background in real estate law to every situation, with both practice leaders drawing on years of experience running their own successful real estate law firms.
As residential real estate lawyers, our services include:
- Purchasing a primary home, vacation or investment property or building a home. Buying a home can be stressful. The residential real estate attorneys at Wilchins Cosentino & Novins handle all the legal needs to prepare for and ensure timely closing for a smooth transfer of ownership. As real estate closing attorneys, we ensure the financing and title work is completed so you have the peace of mind to focus on this exciting milestone.
- Selling a home. As real estate closing lawyers, we help our clients sell their primary or secondary residences including, but not limited to, title work to ensure the property is clear to be transferred as well as tax advice and planning in the case of significant gains.
- Mortgage financing and refinancing. As residential real estate attorneys we assist and counsel our clients who are securing mortgage financing for their homes including construction loans, home equity loans and refinancing. We are approved as a closing agent for many national and local mortgage lenders.
- Zoning and permitting. Wilchins Cosentino & Novins’ land use attorneys help homeowners, condominium associations, and homeowners associations with a wide variety of zoning and permitting matters. We help our clients obtain Planning Board and Zoning Board permits and approvals to allow residential property owners to utilize their property to its fullest potential.
Homeowners often rely on our land use attorneys for assistance with residential real estate matters including purchasing land from a neighbor, building a pool, or expanding a deck.
- Condominiums and homeowner associations. Our residential real estate attorneys serve as legal counsel to condominium and homeowner associations throughout Massachusetts. As legal counsel for an association’s board of trustees, we provide a wide range of legal advice including the resolution of owner disputes, addressing common area matters, building and maintenance matters, collections and budgeting.
Real Estate Law
How We Fixed the Homeowner’s Unwelcome Surprise
Our Client Inherited Multiple Properties: Maximizing their Value, Despite the Challenges
Meet Our Attorneys Leading the Real Estate Law Practice at Wilchins Cosentino & Novins
Eric B. Brenman
Scott A. Joseph
Robert W. Meshel
Stephen N. Wilchins
Why WCN for Your Residential Real Estate Law Needs
Right-sized. We are large enough to have the depth of expertise and knowledge, while small enough to be available, accessible and personal.
Approved Real Estate Closing Agent. We are an approved closing agent for many national and local mortgage lenders in the country including, but not limited to, Bank of America, Boston Private Bank, Cambridge Savings Bank, Century Bank, Chase, Citibank, Citizens Bank, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, First Republic Bank, Mortgage Master, Mortgage Network, Needham Bank and Silicon Valley Bank.
Longevity. At WCN, our clients work with us throughout the many stages of their life. Many of our real estate clients start working with WCN when they buy their first home and then over the years, we work with them to sell and buy a new home, purchase a vacation home or investment property. Our emphasis on exceptional service results in client relationships measured in years.
I highly recommend the services of Attorneys Michael B. Cosentino and Peter Covo for all of your personal, family, or business needs. Michael's vast experience, knowledge, and expertise led to a most successful outcome under nearly impossible contractual deadlines and circumstances. Without Michael, I am 100% certain there would have been no resolution nor closure. Looking forward to working together on other matters.
- Jill C. LoPresti
President, Fortitude Trading Corporation
Boynton Beach, FL
The Latest in Law
In our last article related to the benefits of an advisory board, we discussed the importance of selecting board members with a diverse and relevant range of qualities and experiences. Click here to read the second article in this series. One of the key attributes of...
Wilchins Cosentino & Novins is proud to announce that Susan Donaldson Novins, a Founding Partner, has received multiple awards for her work in civil law litigation and business litigation. Novins, a Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated Attorney, has been...
Effective tax and estate planning often includes a plan for charitable giving. We help families and high net worth individuals develop charitable planned giving strategies. For assistance and counsel on establishing a charitable plan, please contact our attorneys in...