Commercial Real Estate
We offer a full range of legal services for buying, selling, leasing, mortgage financing and refinancing of commercial real estate throughout Massachusetts.
As commercial real estate lawyers, we work closely with commercial real estate brokers and commercial real estate agents for the common goal of successful commercial real estate transactions.
We are skilled and experienced real estate attorneys, bringing an expansive background in real estate law to every situation, with both practice leaders drawing on years of experience running their own successful real estate law firms.
Working with builders, commercial developers, lenders and property managers on all legal matters related to purchasing, leasing, mortgage financing and refinancing, zoning and permitting, our commercial real estate attorneys and team are committed to providing high caliber legal services, exceptional client service and exceptional value.
We operate as a team, including two experienced paralegals and a practice lead fluent in Spanish.
Our commercial real estate legal services include:
- Acquisition or Purchase of Commercial Real Estate. Our commercial real estate closing attorneys handle all the legal matters to prepare for and ensure timely closing for the successful transfer of ownership of land, buildings, multi-family properties, development projects, condominium conversion, tax free exchanges, syndications, participations and joint-venture transactions.
- Commercial Real Estate Sales. As commercial real estate closing attorneys, we enable the successful sale of commercial real estate, including 1031 tax-free exchanges and sale-leaseback arrangements.
- Commercial Real Estate Leasing. We represent both landlords and tenants, office, restaurant, industrial and retail locations with commercial leases. This experience includes drafting and negotiating office, retail, industrial, manufacturing and ground leases and other commercial lease agreements relative to the management and operation of real estate. Examples of commercial leasing agreements include alternative energy developments, solar arrays, electric vehicle charging stations and leasing of parking spaces.
- Mortgage Financing and Refinancing. As commercial real estate attorneys, we represent clients who are financing both the acquisition, construction, and refinancing of existing mortgage debt upon commercial properties. We represent both institutional and private mortgage lenders, as well as borrowers. We are an approved closing agent for several national and local lenders.
- Zoning and Permitting. Wilchins Cosentino & Novins’ land use attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of zoning and permitting for commercial properties. We work with property owners and developers to help our clients obtain permits and approvals to allow property owners to utilize commercial properties to their fullest potential.
Leasing Contract Review and Negotiation Protects Client’s Interests While Securing Income
Meet Our Attorneys Leading the Real Estate Law Practice at Wilchins Cosentino & Novins
Eric B. Brenman
Scott A. Joseph
Stephen N. Wilchins
Why WCN for Commercial Real Estate Law Needs
Right-sized. We are large enough to have the depth of expertise and knowledge, while small enough to be available, accessible and personal.
Approved Real Estate Closing Agent. We are an approved closing agent for many national and local mortgage lenders in the country including, but not limited to, Bank of America, Boston Private Bank, Cambridge Savings Bank, Century Bank, Chase, Citibank, Citizens Bank, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, First Republic Bank, Mortgage Master, Mortgage Network, Needham Bank and Silicon Valley Bank.
The Latest in Law
An Effective Wealth Transfer Tool If you want to efficiently transfer wealth using little to none of your federal estate and gift tax exemption and you have an investment that you anticipate generating at least a modest rate of return on investment, then you should...
For the past two years, the residential real estate market in Massachusetts has been setting records. The most recent data released by the Massachusetts Association of Realtors (MAR) indicated the median price for a single family home rose over 12% to $617, 750. The...
Attorney Stephen Wilchins is back on the Radio Entrepreneurs Family Business Association (FBA) Panel Discussion Summer 2022: “The Great Economic Reset” Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/embed/fAsxYfqt-s8 The first of the three part series for the Summer 2022 Panel discussion entitled “The Great Economic Reset”. This episode is intended to benefit family businesses and entrepreneurs of all types as the panel discusses supply...