Commercial Real Estate
We offer a full range of legal services for buying, selling, leasing, mortgage financing and refinancing of commercial real estate throughout Massachusetts.
As commercial real estate lawyers, we work closely with commercial real estate brokers and commercial real estate agents for the common goal of successful commercial real estate transactions.
We are skilled and experienced real estate attorneys, bringing an expansive background in real estate law to every situation, with both practice leaders drawing on years of experience running their own successful real estate law firms.
Working with builders, commercial developers, lenders and property managers on all legal matters related to purchasing, leasing, mortgage financing and refinancing, zoning and permitting, our commercial real estate attorneys and team are committed to providing high caliber legal services, exceptional client service and exceptional value.
We operate as a team, including two experienced paralegals and a practice lead fluent in Spanish.
Our commercial real estate legal services include:
- Acquisition or Purchase of Commercial Real Estate. Our commercial real estate closing attorneys handle all the legal matters to prepare for and ensure timely closing for the successful transfer of ownership of land, buildings, multi-family properties, development projects, condominium conversion, tax free exchanges, syndications, participations and joint-venture transactions.
- Commercial Real Estate Sales. As commercial real estate closing attorneys, we enable the successful sale of commercial real estate, including 1031 tax-free exchanges and sale-leaseback arrangements.
- Commercial Real Estate Leasing. We represent both landlords and tenants, office, restaurant, industrial and retail locations with commercial leases. This experience includes drafting and negotiating office, retail, industrial, manufacturing and ground leases and other commercial lease agreements relative to the management and operation of real estate. Examples of commercial leasing agreements include alternative energy developments, solar arrays, electric vehicle charging stations and leasing of parking spaces.
- Mortgage Financing and Refinancing. As commercial real estate attorneys, we represent clients who are financing both the acquisition, construction, and refinancing of existing mortgage debt upon commercial properties. We represent both institutional and private mortgage lenders, as well as borrowers. We are an approved closing agent for several national and local lenders.
- Zoning and Permitting. Wilchins Cosentino & Novins’ land use attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of zoning and permitting for commercial properties. We work with property owners and developers to help our clients obtain permits and approvals to allow property owners to utilize commercial properties to their fullest potential.
Real Estate Law
Leasing Contract Review and Negotiation Protects Client’s Interests While Securing Income
Our Client Inherited Multiple Properties: Maximizing their Value, Despite the Challenges
Providing high caliber legal counsel to help a business owner sell land, relocate the business, and thrive.
Scott A. Joseph
Meet Our Attorneys Leading the Real Estate Law Practice at Wilchins Cosentino & Novins
Eric B. Brenman
Scott A. Joseph
Stephen N. Wilchins
Why WCN for Commercial Real Estate Law Needs
Right-sized. We are large enough to have the depth of expertise and knowledge, while small enough to be available, accessible and personal.
Approved Real Estate Closing Agent. We are an approved closing agent for many national and local mortgage lenders in the country including, but not limited to, Bank of America, Cambridge Savings Bank, Century Bank, Chase, Citibank, Citizens Bank, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, Mortgage Master, Mortgage Network, and Needham Bank.
As a lawyer myself, and therefore a person well aware of my own limitations, I found that you had a complete command of the subject matter, excellent judgment, and very good communications and people skills. You and your team were also super responsive… I have dealt with many lawyers and law firms in my day, and I have never known anyone better.
- N.H., Brighton, MA
The Latest in Law
A key characteristic of Family Businesses - where the founder/owner may serve as CEO for 25 years or longer - is that continuity of the enterprise beyond the first generation is not certain. This is contrasted with public companies, where CEOs serve at the discretion...
Attorney Scott A. Joseph grew up in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. He went to the University of Maryland and the University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law. Scott met his future wife during his second year of law school, and she convinced him to stay...
When creating an estate plan, many clients fear one or more beneficiaries (often a child) may not make wise decisions in managing their inheritance. It is critical for a parent of a young child to model responsible financial management for the child so he or she will...