Michael B. Cosentino
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, 1990
- Clark University, BA, 1986
Michael Cosentino’s practice is concentrated in civil litigation, focusing on business and commercial litigation. His experience also includes litigating matters in the areas of securities law, estate and probate litigation and medical malpractice. Michael represents corporations, small businesses, broker-dealers and individuals both nationally and throughout New England. Michael has extensive experience in the financial services area, which includes representing both securities firms and financial advisors in individual and institutional customer disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Michael is results-oriented. His clients rely upon his legal acumen and winning determination when facing issues related to breach of contract, employment, wrongful termination, non-competition disputes, unfair competition, business torts, medical malpractice, business agreements, real estate and construction disputes, insurance coverage and securities law. Michael routinely litigates and arbitrates the most difficult cases, working with his clients collaboratively until the job is done.
Michael routinely represents executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries and other individuals and entities before the probate courts in connection with will contests, actions for breach of fiduciary duties, accountings and petitions for partition for real property.
Prior to the formation of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, Michael was a senior partner with the former Seegel Lipshutz & Wilchins, where he served as the chairperson of the litigation department. As a leading lawyer in his field, Michael has been annually recognized as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer for seven years.
- Appears before all federal and state courts in Massachusetts.
- Successful representation of National Brokerage Firms regarding the wrongful termination of a financial advisor, payment of promissory notes and business disputes.
- Successful representation of National Brokerage Firms and local broker-dealers regarding claims of negligence, lack of supervision and breach of contract claims brought by customers against brokerage firms and financial advisors.
- Successful representation of a beneficiary in a will-contest regarding claims of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity against another beneficiary.
- Representation of an employer regarding claims of discrimination by a former employee based upon the former employee’s sexual preference.
- Negotiation of employment agreements on behalf of both corporations and individuals.
- Representation of tenants in disputes with landlords regarding a variety of issues.
- Successful representation of a small business involving a shareholder dispute.
Professional & Community Involvement
American Bar Association, member
District of Columbia Bar Association, member
Massachusetts Bar Association, member
New York Bar Association, member
Boston Estate Planning Council
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court Western District of New York
U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Massachusetts
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Columbia
U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
U.S. District Court District of Colorado