Eric B. Goldberg
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, Cum Laude, 1993
- Brandeis University, BS with Honors, Computer Science,1988
Contact InformationPhone: 781-235-5500
Attorney Eric Goldberg’s litigation practice serves small businesses and individuals throughout New England. Eric focuses in the areas of business and commercial litigation, land use, permitting and zoning disputes, and real estate litigation involving both commercial real estate and residential real estate. He represents real estate developers, home owners, and abutters before municipal planning and zoning boards in numerous towns, including Weston, Wayland, Wellesley, Natick, Hopkinton, Brookline, and Winchester Additionally, he advises clients in connection with protecting their intellectual property, including trademark and copyright registration and enforcement.
Formerly of Seegel Lipshutz & Wilchins, Eric continues to seamlessly work with clients across a broad range of real estate and litigation matters, resolving disputes effectively while supporting their overall business strategies. As a member of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, Eric handles all aspects of litigation from pre-suit research and due diligence, through to trial in the Massachusetts state and federal court system.
- Obtained judgment in Land Court affirmed on appeal upholding the Planning Board’s issuance of a special permit to construct and operate an outdoor shooting facility on Nantucket.
- Obtained variance from the Massachusetts Architectural Access Board concerning access and elevator requirements triggered by retail store renovation.
- Represent abutters to proposed 40B project seeking to work collaboratively with developer to minimize adverse impacts to neighborhood.
- Obtained judgment after trial overturning Zoning Board’s refusal to grant special permit authorizing construction of gas station.
- Special Town Counsel to the Town of Brookline’s Zoning Board of Appeals in connection with an elementary school expansion project.
- Obtained partial dismissal of tort claims against a major airline brought by an injured passenger based on federal preemption.
- Represented a commercial property owner through judgment and appeal in connection with an action for specific performance of a purchase and sale agreement.
- Obtained the dismissal of a former officer in connection with a shareholder derivative action based on the lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Resolved a claim against a municipality for structural damage to a residential property caused by a Town’s negligent failure to maintain and repair storm water drain.
- Resolved a claim by a homeowner against a neighbor's land surveyor who prepared an inaccurate plot plan leading to boundary dispute.
- Represent developers, property owners, and abutters before municipal planning and zoning boards.
- Represent aggrieved developers, property owners, and abutters in appeals from municipal zoning decisions.
Professional & Community Involvement
Former member Chair of Town of Wayland Zoning Board of Appeals
US District Court, District of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States Supreme Court