Eric B. Goldberg
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, Cum Laude, 1993
- Brandeis University, BS with Honors, Computer Science,1988
Attorney ProfileEric Goldberg’s litigation practice serves small businesses and individuals throughout New England. Eric focuses in the areas of business and commercial litigation, zoning disputes, and litigation involving both commercial and residential real estate. Additionally, he advises clients in connection with protecting their intellectual property, including trademark and copyright registration and enforcement.
Formerly of Seegel Lipshutz & Wilchins, Eric continues to seamlessly work with clients across a broad range of matters, resolving disputes effectively while supporting their overall business strategies. As a member of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, Eric handles all aspects of litigation from pre-suit research and due diligence, through to trial in the Massachusetts and federal court system.
- Special Town Counsel to the Town of Brookline’s Zoning Board of Appeals in connection with an elementary school expansion project.
- Obtained partial dismissal of tort claims against a major airline brought by an injured passenger based on federal preemption.
- Represented a commercial property owner through judgment and appeal in connection with an action for specific performance of a purchase and sale agreement.
- Obtained the dismissal of a former officer in connection with a shareholder derivative action based on the lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Resolved a claim against a municipality for structural damage to a residential property caused by a Town’s negligent failure to maintain and repair storm water drain.
- Resolved a claim by a homeowner against neighbor’s land surveyor who prepared inaccurate plot plan leading to boundary dispute.
- Represented property owners before municipal planning and zoning boards.
- Represented aggrieved developers and abutting property owners in appeals from municipal zoning decisions.
Professional & Community Involvement
Town of Wayland Zoning Board of Appeals, member and former Chair
US District Court, District of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit