Adam W. Jacobs
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1990; Member of Law Review
- Fairleigh Dickinson University 1987, B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude
Adam is a highly experienced business and corporate attorney with strong business acumen. Throughout his career Adam has served as a trusted legal advisor to various businesses, enterprises, executives, entrepreneurs, ventures, institutions, and families. Adam is a knowledgeable, reasonable, practical, and analytical attorney who works efficiently to identify, analyze, and resolve client issues and close transactions. Adam has closed hundreds of business transactions addressing and overseeing all legal aspects.
Adam is responsible for providing general business and corporate counsel to a broad range of businesses. Adam represents businesses in all phases of development – from organization to exit. Adam handles a wide range of agreements and matters covering buying and selling businesses, divestitures, limited liability companies/joint ventures, equity investments, corporate governance, business succession planning, entity selection and formation, shareholder agreements, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements, services and consulting agreements, technology agreements, employment matters and severance, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, buy-sell and equity transfer restriction agreements, and vendor and supplier agreements.
Most recently Adam served as General Counsel to United Site Services a private equity portfolio company engaged in industrial services with operations in over 30 States with over 3,700 employees. As General Counsel, Adam led the legal department; drafted, reviewed, and negotiated over 50 business acquisitions; served as the trusted legal advisor to the leadership team, and various corporate functional groups and divisions including safety and compliance, finance, risk management, and human resources. Adam also led the contracts group and he oversaw and attended to favorable resolution of material litigation and labor matters.
Prior to being General Counsel, Adam was a senior partner with the Boston based law firm Riemer & Braunstein LLP and had been associated with the firm for 19 years. At Riemer & Braunstein LLP Adam led and oversaw the corporate legal group. Adam drafted and negotiated documents and advised clients in connection with the purchase and sale of businesses, assets purchase agreements, securities purchase agreements, joint ventures, limited liability company related agreements, equity investments, shareholder agreements, business disputes and resolution, business planning and organization, employment matters, organization, reorganization and corporate related bankruptcy matters, corporate governance and real estate matters.
Representative Transactions and Matters
- Represented client in connection with a national buy and build acquisition strategy which spanned over 7 years involving asset purchase and securities purchase transactions from $1,000,000 to in excess of $70,000,000.
- Represented clients in the purchases and sales of businesses and divisions in various industries.
- Represented clients in various joint ventures and limited liability company transactions.
- Represented clients in corporate management and governance disputes.
- Represented clients in connection with day-to-day business strategy, business operations, and various contracts and governance issues.
- Represented clients in succession planning and sales of business to senior management.
- Represented clients in private equity investments and transfers and exits from investments.
- Represented clients from entity selection and organization to operations and to exit.